For someone who likes bread, I don’t actually make it very often. My husband loves to make bread so quite often I let him make it for me instead haha! But when it comes to making things look pretty and also taste delicious, well that is my realm. I am very good at making things look pretty. This garden focaccia is delicious and looks so pretty too. The bread is really simple to make and it’s a good one for kids because kneading is really fun and they can’t mess it up. It would make a wonderful rainy Sunday afternoon activity.
You can use any veg you like, you don’t have to stick to mine, and also play around with different shapes and designs. Have a little bit of fun with it all! You can see how I assembled this focaccia on my Instagram reel here. You can also find lots more simple and delicious recipes too! So come over and follow if you haven’t already!
You can find more recipes like this here.
Flower Garden Focaccia
- 500 g strong white flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 g sachet of easy yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 ml cold water
- vegetables (spring onions, peppers, onions, tomatoes etc) herbs & seeds
- Place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and 300ml of the water into a large bowl. Gently stir with your hand or a wooden spoon to form a dough, then knead the dough in the bowl for five minutes, gradually adding the remaining water.
- Stretch the dough by hand in the bowl, tuck the sides into the centre, turn the bowl 90 degrees and repeat the process for about five minutes.
- Tip the dough onto an oiled work surface and continue kneading for five more minutes. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Tip the dough out of the bowl and flatten the dough onto the prepared tray, pushing to the corners, cover with a large plastic bag, making sure it does not touch the top of the dough, then leave to prove for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Once proved, drizzle with olive oil and use your finger tips to create small holes. Top with veggies arranged to look pretty.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bottom of the bread sounds hollow.