I love you “Beary” much. All bear puns welcome 🐻😂 These peanut butter cookies are delish, Dion’s colleagues now put requests in for them 😂 To be fair they are really good. One of my favourites for sure!
Cute and delicious annnnd if you would like a copy of my bear flag you can download and make up your very own here. You can find the recipe below!
Valentines Bear Cookies
- 230 g baking butter
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g peanut butter
- 390 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 14 malteasers
- 28 edible eyes
- 42 giant chocolate buttons
- Cream the softened butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- The dough will be thick, yet very sticky. Cover dough tightly and chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper .
- Roll into 14 balls and from each ball create a face and two ears. Bake for 12 minutes. Or until the edges are golden.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, add a small amount of milk chocolate to the middle and stick on a chocolate button nose. Add the eyes and ears and malteaser nose using the melted chocolate as "glue". Pipe a little mouth with the chocolate too.
- Leave to set! And then enjoy.