Time for another installment of Halloween Food! I love Madeleines. They are so easy to make and they just look super pretty. I made pastel ones before that came out so well. So I knew I needed to make some Halloween-themed ones. These went down a treat and they are just so fun and simple too. You can find the recipe below.
Check out my other Halloween Recipes here:
- 2 egg
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 100 g butter melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 100 g white chocolate melted
- 24 edible eyes
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter then shake in a little flour to coat, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy. Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before carefully pouring into the prepared madeleine tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes to cool.
- Once cool, pipe the white melted chocolate onto the madeline to create the mummy effect.
- Add on the edible eyes and leave to set!