Time for the second recipe in my Halloween Charcuterie board recipe. These spider cookies are an idea from Pinterest and I knew I had to make them. I wanted the cookie to be peanut butter because it makes the best flavour for cookies and it works so well with the chocolate. The cookies are simple to make and really simple to put together too. Definitely one of those things that looks harder than it is! So scroll down for the recipe and come back next week for recipe number 3!
- 230 g baking butter
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g peanut butter
- 390 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g milk chocolate, melted
- 36 malteasers
- 36 edible eyes
- Cream the softened butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- The dough will be thick, yet very sticky. Cover dough tightly and chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper .
- Roll into 18 balls. Keep the balls chunky. Before baking press your finger in the middle of each one to create a well. Bake for 12 minutes. Or until the edges are golden.
- Once baked you may need to carefully poke the middle again to keep the well. Leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, add a small amount of milk choclate to the middle of the well. Top with 2 malteasers. Then pipe a small amount of chocolate onto the top of the malteaser and carefully place 2 edible eyes.
- Leave to set! And then enjoy.