If you follow me on Instagram, if you don’t they why not?, you will have seen that I uploaded a Reel with this board on it. I had the clever idea of showing you guys how to make one of the bakes each week in the lead-up to Halloween. Of course, I’ll be sharing the recipes more in-depth on here. And sharing lots more photos too. I do love Halloween and it’s and excuse to put edible eyes on everything haha!
I’ll be sharing the Spider Cookies next week, then Ghost cupcakes, mummy hotdogs, and then finally the pumpkin pretzels. I thought I would share the cheesy ghosts in this post as it’s a classic recipe I’ve used before. I made cheesy trees at Christmas with the same recipe.
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese
- 25 g soft butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/180°C Fan/400ºF.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and rub the butter into the flour and cheese. Keep working the mixture and it will eventually come together to form a dough.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floury surface to roughly 3mm / ⅛ of an inch in thickness. Cut out for you ghosts or other spooky shapes.
- Put them onto a lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes for smaller biscuits, and 12 minutes for the bigger ones.
- The biscuits will continue to crisp up as they cool on a rack, so take them out when they're still a little soft in the middle.