Okay. I am a little bit in love. Because pastels and cakes are probably two of my favourite things. So when I saw Manon make these on Instagram I knew I had to give them a go. The recipe I used is a much simpler one because I had little hands involved so making it as easy as possible was my plan. Norah had so much fin helping me make them. She even picked out two pink ones to save for her and Edie. I mean how cute!
These Madeleines would be perfect for a mermaid party or to be fair any kind of party, they are totally one of those things that look far more impressive. They are super easy to make so head to the recipe at the bottom of the page!
Pretty Pastel Madeleines
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g butter melted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 250 g white chocolate melted
- food colouring of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter then shake in a little flour to coat, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy. Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before carefully pouring into the prepared madeleine tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Add food colouring of choice to the white chocolate. And mix until combined.
- Make sure your madeleine mould is clean and dry. Add in the coloured chocolate and place the madeleine into the chocolate. Leave to set for at least 2 hours.