Okay, so confession time. 2021 is the year of celebrations. No matter how small we are celebrating it because right now in the middle of the 3rd UK lockdown we need all the joy we can get! As I type this post I can see my brother rolling his eyes at me. He has had to put up with my over the top celebrations forever and at our Halloween party I did a big table charcuterie and he rolled his eyes big time haha! He just doesn’t get it. Luckily he’s not invited haha! And I am pretty proud of this epic heart feast!
Of course, it’s the day of love but that doesn’t mean it’s just for couples. Oh no, we are fully prepared for the girls to be involved because why not! So I put together a little feast that we will recreate on Valentines!
From the top, you’ve got: Strawberries, Jammie Dodgers, Love Bug Chocolates (from Poundland) Heart Throb jelly sweets, melted chocolate (the dish was part of a set of 3 from Poundland!) Pink Wafers, Flipz Strawberry Cheescake Pretzels, Mini Flumps, White Chocolate Fudge Pretzels, Homemade Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe below) and Love Heart Chocolates (from Poundland).
Of course, you can make this smaller or bigger depending on how many people and your appetite!
Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies
- 250 g butter softened
- 140 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas 4. And line three baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk, chocolate chips and flour and mix together to form a dough. It might take a little bit of work.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for at least an hour (overnight makes the dough even easier to handle).
- Roll out the dough to an inch thick and using a heart cutter, cut a heart. Do this until all the mixture has been used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn light brown.
- Leave too cool completely and enjoy!