Every Sunday we have pancakes for breakfast, it’s a tradition we’ve had since we moved in together in 2013 and it’s one that I’m happy to continue forever. I am very much here for a themed pancake, we did Santa ones at Christmas and recently a dodgy looking unicorn haha! This year Valentine’s day falls on a Sunday so I feel like that might be a sign from the universe to tell us that pancake valentines breakfast is the only answer. And then would you believe that a few days later it’s Shrove Tuesday! I mean double pancakes that week yes please! Like I said in my Valentines Candy Board post, I’m celebrating everything this year!
When it comes to pancakes, I like both kinds. It totally depends on my mood, for breakfast, we tend to go for thicker, fluffy ones like these. For pancake day I like a crepe loaded with ice cream, chocolate sauce and as many chocolate sweets you can find!! There is no holding back here.
This pancake recipe is super simple and all store cupboard ingredients. If you don’t have maple syrup you can simply leave it out. You could add a little more sugar if you wanted to make it sweet. I am not the best at making pancakes, my husband is the pancake king here, but last year I finally cracked them. And if I can do it then so can you!
Scroll for the recipe.
Fluffy Heart Valentines Pancakes
- Tip the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Crack in the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and milk while whisking.
- Heat the pan with a thin layer of oil. Add a few spoonfuls of batter to create your pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side.
- Once cooked take a heart cutter and cut your pancake hearts. Serve with your favourite toppings!