As a small business owner myself I thought that I would share with you my guide to an independent Christmas. Some of the shops I’ve included are small start ups and others are well established but all of them are independent.
I can remember various pictures going around Facebook saying how supporting small business instead of a chain store puts more money into local economy. Your also helping someone with their dream. Your paying for someone’s child to have dance lessons or allowing a parent to stay at home with their baby instead of a CEO buying a 3rd holiday home.
With this in mind I’m trying my best to shop local or shop small and here are some of favourites that would make excellent gifts for Christmas.
For the stationery and homeware lover:
1. Alabaster – Beautiful prints, wall art & stationery.
2. Junk & Glitter – Decorations, prints & cards.
3. Veronica Dearly – Quirky pins.
4. Rosie O’Neill – Gorgeous notebooks and pocket mirrors.
5. Make Life Vintage – Gorgeous smelling wax melts.
6. Allen & Bear – Beautiful textiles.
7. Croydon Candle Co. – IG friendly, beautiful scented handmade candles.
8. Made Weave Love – Amazing wool wall hangings.
For the foodie:
1. Lady Bakewell Park – Quirkly handmade biscuits.
2. Honeywell Bakes – Gorgeous iced biscuits.
3. Hollies Lollies – Alcoholic lollies, need I say more!
4. Perkulatte – For the coffee lover.
For a Mama:
1. Stanley & Maud – Personalised jewellery.
2. Blossom Tree – Bath bombs.
3. Ethel & Co – Family portraits on plates!
4. Woody & Florence – Mama bracelets & prints.
For the man in your life:
1. The Snaffling Pig Co – All things pork scratching.
2. The Bearded Man Company – For the bearded man in your life.
3. Letterfest – Personalised Daddy and Me book.
4. The Tiny Tipple Company – Homemade vodka and gin.
For the children:
1. Buddy & Bear – Gorgeous kids tableware.
2. Happy Little Folks – Beautiful painted wooden toys.
3. Colour Me Happy Crayons – Crayons in different shapes and personalised too.
4. Nose to Tail – Tape measure that shows the real size of animals.
5. Didi and Bud – Beautiful sleepwear.
6. Doubly Lovely – Baby & toddler clothing.
7. Willow & Ivy – Gorgeous leather and suede hairbows
8. Emily & Heath – Liberty print kidswear.
And two of my favourite shops – Little Maldod & Retro Kids.
I hope you find an independent shop to spend your money in, there are 38 amazing shops above so please before you spend your money elsewhere consider shopping small.What are you favourite independent/small/local business?