As the nights draw in and the weather gets colder there is nothing better than a cosy night in. And the best way to spend your night in? A movie night. Picking your favourite films, drinking hot chocolate and of course eating some delicious snacks.
Forget the cinema. Forget paying over the odds for a bag of boring sweets, make your own instead. Dig out your trusty slow cooker and make yourself some amazing fudge. Packed full of chocolate, honeycomb and caramel, perfect autumn flavours. It’s so simple and you can forget about it and come back to it later ready for your cosy night in.
Slow Cooker Fudge
2 (40g) Crunchie bars, roughly chopped
1 (30g) Caramac bar, roughly chopped
1 handful of mini marshmallows
400g milk chocolate
1 397g tin of condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter
– Set your slow cooker to high.
– Place all the ingredients other than the mini marshmallows, Crunchie and Caramac bars into the slow cooker.
– Cook for 45 minutes stirring the mixture every 15 minutes until all the ingredients are melted.
– Cut up one Crunchie bar and stir through the fudge mixture.
– Pour the mixture into a square, lined tin.
– Push the remaining Crunchie, Caramac and mini marshmallows on top of the fudge mixture.
– Leave to set for 4 hours of overnight.
– Cut into pieces and serve with your favourite movie.
Collaboration with CrockPot.