Another recipe post for you. I made this for our dinner on Monday night. Edith had been a bit of a whinge that day and escaping to kitchen while my husband watched Edith was bliss! I know a lot of people find cooking stressful but to me it’s like therapy! Cheaper too.
I love the flavours that go into a satay sauce. There are ingredients in there that you would question putting together but it works so well. The satay sauce coats the turkey and noodles perfectly and the fresh stir fry provides that much needed crunch. This has to be one of my favourites and we’ve only eaten it once.
Although its pretty healthy there is quite a bit of fat in the peanut butter. It’s the good kind of fat but fat is fat. So if you’re eating healthy or on a diet you might want to use a different sauce. But I’m sure you could work around it.
You can also swap the meat for whatever you fancy. You could use pre-cooked chicken to cut down on time if you wanted.
It’s definitely a mid-week winner. Easy to cook, easy to prepare and really not very time consuming. Let me know if you give it ago!
Turkey Satay, Noodles & Stir Fry Veg
– Serves 4 –
300g medium dried egg noodles
250g lean turkey mince
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 large egg
4 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
6 tbsp single cream
3 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
2 tsp sugar (whatever you have in the cupboard)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vinegar
sea salt, to taste
stir fry veg, packet
– To begin make mini turkey meatballs by combining the mince, egg and breadcrumbs. Roll into balls. And fry until cooked through.
– Cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
– Meanwhile combine the peanut butter, cream, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and sea and mix until you have a sauce.
– Fry your veg for 4 minutes before adding in the cooked meatballs and cooked noodles.
– Pour over your sauce.
– Heat through for a couple of minutes and then serve.