Tomorrow marks a whole year of us living together in this house. It’s been a whirlwind but I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. We’ve made so many great memories here and I know that in years to come we will be sad to leave this place, our first home together, behind. So we thought that we would share 20 things we have learnt living together. Mine first.
1. Even though he says every morning that he won’t do it anymore, he always makes me a mug of tea on mornings when we are up together (and usually jam on toast too!)
2. Snoring is very annoying and I’m hoping that I’ll get used to it or he will learn to stop. Wishful thinking.
3. Cooking in the kitchen, with the music on full blast and dancing around together is such a perfect moment.
4. Even though we live together, I still miss him when we are apart and look forward to spending our days off together just him and I.
5. But space is also good. He goes off to cricket and football and I’ll head to bingo with the work girls or meet my friends.
6. I don’t expect him to do much housework because even if he does it won’t be to my standard anyway.
7. Food is shared. This works both ways. Don’t expect the last glass of coke but if your crisps are there I will eat them.
8. Don’t get stressed out. It won’t solve anything and he will probably just make you laugh anyway.
9. Watching box sets/ TV series together in the evenings are just perfect.
10. He will never like or understand the need for cushions on the bed or the sofa or chair etc.
1. Despite knowing the difference she will never say brought and bought correctly.
2. Even if I am using it, if it is not where she left it it is a mess.
3. There are cushions everywhere, even though they don’t get used.
4. She takes photographs of everything.
5. You can’t be grumpy around her because she always makes me laugh.
6. Nobody can harmonize a song like we can.
7. Even if I don’t know (or care) if someone has annoyed her I have to be angry as well.
8. She can and will make up a song about anything and everything.
9. Her cakes are the most delicious cakes.
10. I do not have a side of the bed I just have whatever space is left after she is comfortable.
I hope you enjoyed this, it was fun writing it. I’d love to hear what you’ve learned living with your other half.