My mama subscribes to Good Housekeeping and as soon as it arrives I beg her to open it so I can read the recipes. As soon as I saw this recipe I had to make it. I am a massive peanut butter fan and a massive brownie fan so the two together is heaven.
Tomorrow is National peanut butter lover days, so why not whip up a batch and eat. It will be Friday after all!
Here’s the recipe:
adapted from Good Housekeeping
175g butter, chopped, plus extra to grease
125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
250g light soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs
125g plain flour
For the peanut butter marble:
25g butter, melted
40g icing sugar, sifted
100g smooth peanut butter
2tsps vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180º/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20.5cm (8in) square tin with parchment.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a large pan, stir frequently.
3. Take off the heat when melted and stir in the sugar. Crack in to eggs.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix together.
5. To make the peanut butter marble, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
6. Spoon one-third of the chocolate mixture into the tin and spread level. Dollop over a few spoonfuls of peanut mixture. Top with the remaining chocolate mixture and spread to level.
7. Drop the remaining peanut butter mixture into the brownie and tap the tin to remove any air bubbles. Take a knife and marble the mixture.
8. Bake for 35 minutes until a solid crust has formed. Leave to cool completely (do this or it will collapse!) before lifting out. Slice and serve.
Sprinkle with some icing sugar.
Warning this is delicious and addictive!