I found this recipe in the back of a Jamie Oliver magazine I brought and had to try it out! I’m not a massive fan of chocolate and mint together but these went down a hit with my family. You could always wrap some up as a last minute Christmas present. Here’s the recipe:
175g Soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
150g Plain flour
25g Cocoa powder
120g of Chocolate, melted.
200g of Chocolate, chopped.
2 Candy canes, smashed.
Preheat oven 170ºC/ Gas 3
1. Beat together the brown sugar and butter until pale and creamy.
2. Sift in the bicarbonate of soda, plain flour and cocoa.
3. Add the chopped chocolate to the bowl and stir, then stir in the melted.
4. Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
5. Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes.
6. After 8-9 minutes take the cookies out of the oven and sprinkle chunks of the smashed candy cane over the cookies.
7. Then re-bake for 3-4 minutes until the edges are firm.
8. Eat warm or cool and save for later.
And there you go a quick and easy Christmas baking recipe!
As always let me know if you make these and I love to see pictures!