This is a family favourite and my mum usually makes these on a rainy sunday afternoon. I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
75g/3oz mini oreo cookie
175g/6oz unsalted butter, softened
150g/5oz caster sugar
3 medium eggs
175g/6oz self raising flour,sifted
½ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
75g/3oz unsalted butter, softened
150g/5oz icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake liners. Reserve 12 mini oreos and roughly chop the remainder.
2.Beat together the butter and caster sugar until soft and creamy.
3.Gradually whisk in the eggs, until just combined.
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder, milk, vanilla extract and chopped oreos.
5. Once combined divide the mixture up into the cupcake liners.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and risen. Allow to cool.
7. For the icing beat the butter into a bowl until fluffy. Gradually add the icing sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
8. Cover the cupcake with icing and add a mini oreo on top.
And your done! They are so moreish. They’ll keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container but they probably won’t be around that long! Enjoy, oh and if you make them please tweet me a photo!